Instructions for using the Forums.
- Most importantly, of course, this is a forum for users of RS to share ideas and techniques, not to be snotty to each other. Be thoughtful and considerate, and think twice before hitting the Post button.
- Click on one of the two Forums below to get started.
- To protect the site from the everpresent spammers and bots, you must register and be approved to post (but we will never give your address to anyone). New articles must also be approved, but after you've posted a couple, you become a trusted user and no longer have to have posts approved.
- You can start a new topic with the New Topic button
- MOST IMPORTANT: After entering a new topic, but before you hit Save, please set the Section to Forums and the Category either to Orthography or Pedagogy. If you don't do this, your post will not appear.
- Click on any existing topic to read what others have written and either
- Add a new comment (New Comment button at the top)
- Reply to someone else's comment (Reply button at the top of each post)
- PLEASE NOTE: the edit box always appears at the bottom of the page -- please scroll down!
- Each post also has a little pencil icon at the top to edit the post, and an X to delete the post. Please do NOT edit or delete someone else's article or comment.
- In the Edit box, there are a bunch of editing buttons. If you hover over any button, it will pop up a little box to tell you what it does.