Welcome to the Real Spellers Website
This site is for users, teachers, and students of the Real Spelling™ toolbox. While Real Spelling has given permission for us to have this site, it is in no way affiliated with, or endorsed by, Real Spelling™. This site is created by you, its registered users, and will only be as good as you make it. So, log in and contribute!
Please note: you do not need to register or log in to read anything on this site -- it is fully open to all. Registration and logging in are only necessary for posting and commenting.
There are several parts to this site.
- The Forums are the place to post and respond to questions from other Real Spellers, and to engage in conversation about, and joint investigation into, points of orthography. Past conversations and correspondences can also be posted here for the benefit of others. To protect the site from the everpresent spammers and bots, you must register and be approved to post (but we will never give your address to anyone). New articles must also be approved, but after you've posted a couple, you become a trusted user and no longer have to have posts approved.
- The Wiki was an idea we had -- a repository of the group's knowledge and understanding, which could be constantly edited and refined by the members as we learn more, of the incredibly rich and deep field of orthography that Real Spelling has opened up to us. It could also be an index to the Toolbox, and a place for students and teachers to post matrices, webs, and word sums for others to add to and comment on. For the first year or two, no one contributed to it, so we took it down. But if anyone gets interested, we'd be glad to put it back up again.
- The Resources section is a place where members can post links, articles, documents, videos, references, slideshows, pictures, lesson plans, or anything else that might be of use to other Real Spellers.
- Read our Tips for Posting.
- Read A Word About Site Security.
According to the OED, the word "speller" has several meanings appropriate to this site and endeavour. They are:
- A preacher, a person who preaches or advocates a particular message, doctrine, practice; a person who exhorts others earnestly.
- A person who advocates or inculcates something by speech or writing; a person who, or thing which, imparts a lesson or commends an attitude.
- A seeker after something.
- One who spells, or spells out, words; one having a specified proficiency in spelling.
Click this thumbnail to read the Speller's Charter.